Areas of practice
- Patent Negotiations and contracts
- Patent litigation
- Industrial Property Audit
- Implementation of IP strategy and assistance
- Graduate from the Ecole Polytechnique de l'Ouest (IRESTE), Nantes, France
- Masters of Management in Research and Innovation (Ecole Supérieure de Commerce Nantes (AUDENCIA), France)
- Graduate of the Centre for International Intellectual Property Studies (CEIPI)
- Section: Patents and Trademarks
Ludovic BIORET joined Vidon Group in 1990 and is currently the Director of Brevets & Strategie Branch.
He has specialised in drafting and filing patents relative to telecommunications and has notably obtained, in France, the grant of the first patent describing signal claims.
He has written many patents specialised in the field of radiocommunications, OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency-division Multiplexing), turbo-codes (in particular, drafting of this first patent concerning this technique), image coding, and more generally ICT (Information and Communication Technologies).
He has a wide expertise in drafting and proceedings in that field, and, in particular, on the aspects linked to the patentability of software.
Also, he assists several companies in the field of ICT and mechanics for the implementation and follow-up of their IP strategy, and its optimisation according to the client's expectations and identified needs.
He has intervened in numerous lawsuits, in France and abroad, and has acquired a wide expertise in the optimisation of the counterfeiting act compensation.